Register :: Log in :: Profile   

Gakken's Samurai Style

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // Samurai History - Kamakura to Sengoku
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatsunoshi
Miko no Kami
Miko no Kami
Forum Kanrei
Forum Kanrei
Multi-Year Benefactor
Multi-Year Benefactor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Gakken's Samurai Style Reply with quote
Gakken, Japanese language publisher of those excellent lavishly illustrated pop culture history books (including Rekishi Gunzou), has a really nice English language 'Samurai Style' Facebook page that is updated daily with a mix of historical articles, Japanese culture, and modern pop culture history events. There's some really entertaining stuff here-I particularly like the costumed guides they've featured the last couple of days that conduct tours at Okazaki, Nagoya, Sendai, and Kumamoto castles. Yes, Nobunaga fanboys can go to Nagoya and be shown around by Toyotomi Hideyoshi, Kato Kiyomasa, Maeda Toshiie, Tokugawa Ieyasu or even Oda Nobunaga hisself. Domer, I'm sure you'll skip all of these and hold out for Maeda Keiji-he's there too. Wink

You can also get a 'Samurai Style' app for your Iphone or Android that is somewhat of an English language 'Rekishi Gunzou lite'.

And check out those likes on Facebook...wow.
ltdomer98
Daijo Daijin
Daijo Daijin
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nice. And considering I may be in Okazaki this summer for some language training on the Army's dime, I'll take advantage of those tours (and the proximity to Nagashino!! Party time! ). At least I'll plan to, until my funding gets cut and I'm stuck here in Louisiana.
kitsuno
Forum Shogun
Forum Shogun

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
SAMURAI STYLE

Subcribe to Blog FeedS-A Podcast homepage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // Samurai History - Kamakura to Sengoku All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: