Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Recent Posts

Welcome to the NEW Samurai Archives Japanese History Forum. If you have an account on the old forum (The Samurai Archives Citadel), you'll have to create a new account here. If you did have an account at the old forum, send a PM to "Samurai Archives Bot" letting us know, and we'll update your post count to reflect your activity on the old forum.

Otherwise, you're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are many features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Be sure to validate your account via the email that will be sent when you sign up, otherwise you will have very limited access to forum features.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mori Motonari taiga; with english subtitles now!
Topic Started: Jan 30 2018, 04:07 AM (173 Views)
nomind
Member Avatar
Artisan
A little while ago this was subbed by Koala Fansubs (big thanks to them!) so I'm looking forward to this. Anyone here started to watch it now? This should be a great taiga!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Wicked L
Member Avatar
Oki no kami
Where can it be found ? nomind .This was one of my all time favorites, but only the first 17 episodes were subbed .
Got it, its on Nyya, which i prefer to Avitaz, as its so easy to get dinged on there over Taiga rips, i always get these notifications about films/dramas i downloaded 2 years back,and did not care for, demanding i reseed them .

Here is Otomo Sorin (NHK 2004 )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmvBL7x_k3w&t=6s
Edited by Wicked L, Jan 30 2018, 07:49 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kitsuno
Member Avatar
The Shogun

The Mori Motonari Taiga is my 2nd favorite Taiga Drama of all time. It should have gotten awards for makeup. They slowly age the characters throughout all 50 episodes over about 50 years, and it's pretty seamless.
Posted Image Support the Samurai Archives on Patreon!

Wicked L
Member Avatar
Oki no kami
It's way up there for me too, i like it better than Masamune and Shingen, which are generally considered the two best ones. This one has a strong dramatic story, with some of the best battle scenes from any Taiga.

nomind
Member Avatar
Artisan
Loving the battle scenes! This is an awesome taiga! Also, didn't they do the aging makeup similarly in Shingen taiga?

Wicked L
Member Avatar
Oki no kami
No sadly they do not .

nomind
Member Avatar
Artisan
This is becoming my top5 taiga I think. Can't really say much bad about it either, I guess the only annoying thing is how senile Motonari became at a year of 59. Acting became more like he was 85. And to that add the hoarder lady concubine who can't get her things organized, lol. Too much. I hope they don't concentrate on those two in the end of the taiga. Though I am not sure, they already skipped battles with Otomo and Amago to show those two complain in a messy hoarder room.

I also wished they would've shown how they took the remaining Ouchi castles after the glorious battle of Itsukushima.

Also wondering how historical are Murakami Navy's Kame-dono, Jiro and his death, and the merchant Hotate-dono.
Edited by nomind, Feb 13 2018, 11:36 AM.

Wicked L
Member Avatar
Oki no kami
Nomind you should check this out, its Tale Of The Crane Princess (Tsuruhime Denki) 1993 .
Alleged true story of a female warrior who became a vice admiral of the Mishima Navy, and helped Mori defeat Sue Harukata
http://www.fareastflix.com/samurai/tale-of-the-crane-princess/

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Samurai Film · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Board Index

Samurai Archives is (C)2015 by C.E. West & F.W. Seal. Samurai Archives online since September 1st, 1999. The current Samurai Archives forum online since March 4th, 2015.