Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Recent Posts

Welcome to the NEW Samurai Archives Japanese History Forum. If you have an account on the old forum (The Samurai Archives Citadel), you'll have to create a new account here. If you did have an account at the old forum, send a PM to "Samurai Archives Bot" letting us know, and we'll update your post count to reflect your activity on the old forum.

Otherwise, you're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are many features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Be sure to validate your account via the email that will be sent when you sign up, otherwise you will have very limited access to forum features.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ghost of Tsushima (Game)
Topic Started: Oct 30 2017, 10:37 AM (388 Views)
chingwa
Member Avatar
Priest
Just announced today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUz539AeC5Y

Looks like it could be an interesting action open-world game, perhaps with a serious-ish plot that looks historically inspired. (I am so sick of Anime ninja superheroes!). It also looks like the plot might involve some sort of tired supernatural element... like the old Samurai dies and becomes avenging ninja spirit demon shtick... who knows... but looks very promising so far.

Too bad it's Playstation only... no love for us PC Gamers out there. :(
Edited by chingwa, Oct 30 2017, 10:39 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kitsuno
Member Avatar
The Shogun

I wonder if the gameplay is like Shadow of Mordor. Seems like it would be a good fit.
Posted Image Support the Samurai Archives on Patreon!

nomind
Member Avatar
Artisan
Pumped for this. I love Nioh and am excited to get more samurai games to play! I hope it feels like 13th century japanese though and not western-ish as it is developed by a western studio.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

shiranuisen
No Avatar
Peasant
Impressive. I love the gameplay graphics.

Hiryuken
Member Avatar
Rice Farmer
So incredibly hyped for this game. That trailer might be the best trailer I have ever seen for anything, let alone what looks to be possibly my dream game (a AAA take on Tenchu formula).

Between Nioh and now this, it's a great time for Japan-related video games!

kitsuno
Member Avatar
The Shogun

Looks like there's a little more info. It's Samurai vs. Mongols: https://gamerant.com/ghost-of-tsushima-main-character/
Posted Image Support the Samurai Archives on Patreon!

chingwa
Member Avatar
Priest
More info now from E3, including gameplay footage (though obviously managed for marketing purposes):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhqTNAlErQc

It looks pretty interesting I gotta say, showing combat between lone samurai and mongol invaders. Everything I saw in the video feels authentic enough, though certainly highly stylized. Little nitpicks are rampant but don't really bother me too much (yet)... like using Katana instead of Tachi... magical ninja grappling hook useage... etc.

Of course samurai swords pass through mongol "plate" armor like butter, but that's too be expected from a video game :D I would love to see a samurai wielding a badass Tachi only to see it break when trying to slice through armor :D

Would also love to see the option in this game to have Japanese language dialogue with English subtitles. Since I only have PC I'm not getting that hyped for this, but I AM excited to see a game with a more historical Japanese setting.

tercero
Member Avatar
Peasant
chingwa
Jun 12 2018, 05:32 AM
More info now from E3, including gameplay footage (though obviously managed for marketing purposes):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhqTNAlErQc

It looks pretty interesting I gotta say, showing combat between lone samurai and mongol invaders. Everything I saw in the video feels authentic enough, though certainly highly stylized. Little nitpicks are rampant but don't really bother me too much (yet)... like using Katana instead of Tachi... magical ninja grappling hook useage... etc.

Of course samurai swords pass through mongol "plate" armor like butter, but that's too be expected from a video game :D I would love to see a samurai wielding a badass Tachi only to see it break when trying to slice through armor :D

Would also love to see the option in this game to have Japanese language dialogue with English subtitles. Since I only have PC I'm not getting that hyped for this, but I AM excited to see a game with a more historical Japanese setting.
Definitely agree with your sentiment chingwa. The game looks gorgeous visually, and great to see an open world action samurai game that looks ground itself in history to some degree.

Also I was just watching an interview with one of the developers of the game and he said that the game will include an option for Japanese language with English subtitles. Ill hunt down a link and post.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · TV, Movies, Anime, Manga & Gaming · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Board Index

Samurai Archives is (C)2015 by C.E. West & F.W. Seal. Samurai Archives online since September 1st, 1999. The current Samurai Archives forum online since March 4th, 2015.